Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is the last date to apply?
- Ans: The last date to apply for the Fall 2019 Semester is early August. There are multiple admission rounds; the first round will end in mid-July, and admission offer letters will be sent to successful candidates by the third week of August.
- 2. Can I apply in multiple fields?
- Ans: Yes, you may apply to multiple disciplines (up to 3). If all seats in your first-choice area are already filled, you may be offered admission in other fields, subject to availability of seats.
- 3. Can I apply for admission online?
- Ans: Yes, you may apply online by visiting our admissions page at www.bhu.edu.pk/admissions. The highly user-friendly interface will take you through the application process step-by-step.
- 4. Is there a word limit in Essay test?
- Ans: There is no maximum word count for the essay on the admission test. The students are provided 4 pages (A4 size) to write the essay. Minimum word-count is 100 words; but students are encouraged to write more words in order to present a cogent essay.
- 5. What are the eligibility criteria for admissions?
- Ans: For the undergraduate programs in Biomedical Engineering and Pharmacy, the minimum requirement is 60%; for all other programs, it is 50% marks in HSC.
- 6. How can I prepare for admission test?
- Ans: The admission test primarily tests your Verbal and Analytical skills, as well as General knowledge and science basics. A model paper with sample questions is available at www.bhu.edu.pk/admissions/sample-test-paper. It provides clear guidelines about subject areas, number of questions, as well as duration of the test.
- 7. Can students awaiting results apply?
- Ans: Yes, students who are waiting for their results may apply. However, they will be given provisional admission, subject to submitting their results by the prescribed date.
- 8. My percentage is below 50. Can I apply?
- Ans: No. Any candidate whose percentage is below 50% may not apply.
- 9. Where is BHU located?
Ans: The address of Barrett Hodgson University is as follows:
Barrett Hodgson University – The Salim Habib Campus
NC – 24, Deh Dih
Korangi Creek, Karachi 74900
Direction Map: https://goo.gl/maps/F4W44qDDV8H2
- 10. Can I have a campus trip?
- Ans: Yes, the university arranges campus trips on a periodical basis. In addition to scheduled campus visits, specially arranged trips are possible if notified well in advance; exact dates and times are communicated to the students after they have filled online form at www.bhu.edu.pk/campus-tour. For further details regarding campus tours, you may contact the Marketing and Communications Department at tel: 021-35122931 Ext 221/226
- 11. What is the course waiver/transfer policy for transfer candidates?
- Ans: The University may consider waiving off BHU Aptitude Test on a case-to-case basis for such candidates; however the concerned candidates will be required to appear for interview and also provide valid transcripts of the courses undertaken/credits achieved from their previous institution. The decision, whether or not to accept any transfer credits, rests with the Transfer Committee.
- As a policy guideline, a minimum of 50% of total degree credits must be completed at BHU; and the courses transferred shall be recorded in the final transcript as being transfer credits.
- 12. Is there any scholarship?
- Ans: Yes, several merit-based scholarships are available, such as Dr. Salim Habib Scholarship (80%), Dr. Iram Afaq Scholarship (50%), and Ch. Wali Muhammad Scholarship (25%). Visit our scholarship page at www.bhu.edu.pk/fee-structure
- 13. What is your scholarship policy?
- Ans: The scholarships are purely merit based; students who secure the first five positions in their respective departments are awarded these scholarships based on the semester result.
- 14. Do you provide transport service?
- Ans: Yes, BHU does provide transport services to all parts of the city.
- 15. When will you announce the final merit list?
- Ans: The final merit list for the Fall 2019 semester will be tentatively announced by mid-August.